Thursday, July 23, 2015

Review: Rockin' Rollers and Vintage Hairstyling by Lauren Rennells


Hello dolls,


Are you passionate about vintage hairstyles from the 1920s - 1960s? If yes, then the book, Vintage Hairstyling by Lauren Rennells is a must have.


Lauren Rennells is a hair and makeup artist and as indicated on her blog (http://bobbypinblog.com/), she has a ''borderline obsession with retro beauty techniques''. Her passion sure is evident by looking at her work! It's no wonder her vintage beauty how-to books are popular among modern vintage girls.


Vintage Hairstyling is jam-packed with retro hair styles and techniques (more than 35 styles!!). The book walks you through each hairstyle/technique step by step, all fully illustrated and with detailed instructions. 


I really like how the book is user friendly and how it thoroughly covers such a wide variety of hairstyles. I'm more inclined towards the 1940s and 1950s and thankfully there are plenty of hairdos from this era in the book. I think Vintage Hairstyling is suitable not only for women who already know what they're doing, but also for clueless vintage lovin' ladies too! Some styles are simpler while others are more sophisticated and artistic (hairstyling is an art after all!).


I can't wait to try these hairstyles out, especially The Happy Pompadour, The Pin Up, The Page Boy and The Receptionist (this one's sooo Mad Men).




Also available on vintagehairstyling.com, are the above Rockin' Rollers, soft hair rollers that are so comfortable! The bag of rollers also contains a booklet filled with how to's and tips on using Rockin' Rollers. You can even create faux bangs with a Rockin' Roller! Before I got these rollers, I was worried they might not hold a curl on my thick, long hair but boy was I wrong! I'll let the pictures do the talking:


                Before:
           After:
I love how much shorter my hair looks after using these rollers.......
no need for a haircut!
Rockin Rollers and Vintage Hairstyling by Lauren Rennels: c/o HRST books

Consiglio vivamente il libro Vintage Hairstyling di Lauren Rennels, una truccatrice e acconciatrice, esperta di bellezza vintage/retrò.  Il libro è pieno zeppo di tutorial e consigli su come creare acconciature degli anni '20, '30, '40 e '50. E' un libro perfetto per chi vuole sembrare una donna di altri tempi! 

Consiglio anche i Rockin' Rollers che sono dei bigodini morbidi, comodissimi anche mentre dormi. Come potete vedere dalle foto in alto, usandoli ho ottenuto dei ricci morbidi, quasi ondulati. Anche questo è un prodotto utilissimo per creare delle acconciature retro-rockabilly.

Troverete i due prodotti quì: http://www.vintagehairstyling.com/

**************************************************

I highly reccomend the book, Vintage Hairstyling, as well as the Rockin' Rollers if you want to recreate retro hairstyles and look like a lady from the Golden Age of Hollywood! 

Both items are available here: http://www.vintagehairstyling.com/

What is your favorite vintage hairstyle?


25 comments:

  1. Love it!! oh I should buy this book!!! You look so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! I adore the vintage hairstyles!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great inspirations:) swiatwkolorzeblond.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ciao cara! Che piacere scoprire il tuo blog! Mi piace il tuo stile vintage e iper femminile. Bellissima questa acconciatura, adoro le pettinature retro! Baci,
    Coco et La vie en rose fashion blog - Valeria Arizzi

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look sooooo amazing. I love that.

    View my new blog here:

    Bling Bling Over 50

    Many greetings Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so cute in this retro hair style! thanks for the visit.
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful hair style ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! and you are so beautiful!
    http://fetish-tokyo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Without this book I wouldn't know where to start with styling a vintage look! I agree that it's a must have :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh!! Your hair DID turn out so perfect!! I wish I had long locks like yours ^.^ You look great! And I have to get that book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ti sono venuti davvero benssimo, sono forti questi roll morbidi!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing hairstyle *_*


    Federica
    http://www.thecutielicious.com
    The Cutielicious

    ReplyDelete
  13. no vabbe ma e' favoloso il risultato
    Mrs NoOne

    ReplyDelete
  14. ♥ love this book! and you are so beautiful! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to try these rocking rollers too! I love retro hairdos....you look so pretty with those curls<3

    xoxo


    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love ur hairstyle ;) Really cute...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bellissimo risultato! Assolutamente da provare!

    http://anotherearthpink.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hahaha, such a fun post again! Love the pictures and the result of your hairstyling :)
    xx
    Larissa
    http://cenestquedelachance.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh I so need that book! I really want to try some retro styles but have no idea where to begin. You look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulously fun post! I own this book, too, and think it's one of the best contemporary offerings on vintage hairstyles.

    Tons of hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete